To date, the Age-Friendly Burnage has funded 17 projects that aimed to reduce social isolation amongst older people. (modify but place this on the first page)
The projects we have funded so far include:
- The ‘Holiday Special’ series of events in July 2016, including craft, photography, sports and computer sessions.
- ‘Patch What’ sewing and patchwork club at Westcroft Community Centre
- ‘Computer Graphics Explained’ classes at Westcroft Community Centre
- A community open day for older people to find out about whats going on in Burnage (October 2016)
- Papercraft for Beginners group at Westcroft Community Centre
- ‘Golden Yogis’ – a theraputic yoga class at Burnage Community Centre
- ‘Monday Movers’ age-friendly dance classes
- Exercise equipment for the ‘Burnage Buddies’ community group
- Thursday Coffee – A bi-weekly coffee morning at Burnage Community Centre
- ‘Peter Quinn Friendship Group’ – a twice-weekly dementia group at St. Nicolas Church (Wednesdays) and Christ Church (Fridays)
- ‘Life and Friendship’ social group, aimed at those who have experiences loss or grief.
- Intergenerational Festival in Ladybarn Park (July 2017)
- An International Food Festival at Burnage Community Centre (August 2017)
- The ‘Spoon and Ladle’ afternoon tea club, who meet every Monday 1-2pm at Kingsburn Hall on Burnage Lane
- And the Age-friendly Burnage board itself!