To date, the Age-Friendly Burnage has funded 17 projects that aimed to reduce social isolation amongst older people.
The projects we have funded so far include:
- The ‘Holiday Special’ series of events in July 2016, including craft, photography, sports and computer sessions.
- ‘Patch What’ sewing and patchwork club at Westcroft Community Centre
- ‘Computer Graphics Explained’ classes at Westcroft Community Centre
- A community open day for older people to find out about whats going on in Burnage (October 2016)
- Papercraft for Beginners group at Westcroft Community Centre
- ‘Golden Yogis’ – a theraputic yoga class at Burnage Community Centre
- ‘Monday Movers’ age-friendly dance classes
- Exercise equipment for the ‘Burnage Buddies’ community group
- Thursday Coffee – A bi-weekly coffee morning at Burnage Community Centre
- ‘Peter Quinn Friendship Group’ – a twice-weekly dementia group at St. Nicolas Church (Wednesdays) and Christ Church (Fridays)
- ‘Life and Friendship’ social group, aimed at those who have experiences loss or grief.
- Intergenerational Festival in Ladybarn Park (July 2017)
- An International Food Festival at Burnage Community Centre (August 2017)
- The ‘Spoon and Ladle’ afternoon tea club, who meet every Monday 1-2pm at Kingsburn Hall on Burnage Lane
- And the Age-friendly Burnage board itself!